Thursday, September 1, 2011

Update!

This week has been a rough week and I am glad to see it coming to a close. This whole span of time for me right now is rather bittersweet. One year ago on Monday, August 29th, 2010, we lost our sweet baby Ethan. I don’t want to dwell too much on this and bemoan about how hard it all is. I think everyone can appreciate how hard it was/has been/is for us, even without me detailing out every feeling I experienced leading up to that day, that day and every day since. Regardless of whether we were able to bring Ethan home with us the fact is still that I became a mommy that day and Jason became the daddy of his second child. We will never forget him and always love him.

Moving on, today is September 1st. For me it marks the beginning of Fall- my MOST favorite time of the year. In fact, this marks the beginning of my most favorite and second favorite time of the year. I love fall and winter. I love everything that fall brings- cooler temperatures, football!!!!!!!!, and family holidays. I love cold weather. I prefer it over hot weather ANY DAY and the last several years we have had great winters with very uncharacteristically winter like weather here in North Texas. I hope the trend continues this year! Our new house has this really awesome hill that would be perfect for sledding should we get any snow!!! 

 I also wanted to post my 17 week belly shot too, which was actually last Sunday, but better late than never. I’m also posting probably my last weekly belly comparison. It was at 18 weeks exactly that we found out Ethan had Dandy Walker. Although I carried him for another 3 ½ weeks the joy of pregnancy was pretty much sapped out of me after that so I didn’t continue the weekly tradition. Now all the belly pictures will be just of me and this baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment