Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crazy Pregnant Lady! Enter hormonal mood swing here!

Everybody that knows me knows that I am a fairly conscientious eater. You might not look at me and think so but trust me, TRUST ME, if I ate everything I really wanted to on this 5 ft 2in frame, I would be as round as a beach ball. That being said, I generally just prefer foods that are good for me. I don’t eat cheeseburgers, fried chicken, mashed potatoes or heavy pastas. I’d rather have black beans, brown rice and veggies. However, I could eat my body weight in pizza, French fries, my Mom’s chicken fried steak and oatmeal raisin cookies. The point is that I simply refrain most of the time. When we have to go through McD’s and Jason orders a Big Mac, I order a grilled chicken wrap. When we go to IHOP and Jason orders a French Toast slam, I order turkey bacon, wheat toast and fruit. When Jason insists that we go to our favorite hibachi place, Jason has steak and fried rice, while I have shrimp, no rice and veggies. I say all this because here I am almost 15 weeks pregnant (14wk 6d) and even pregnant I have been conscientious. I’ve been exercising, drinking tons of water, eating my normal diet of black beans, brown rice and veggies and it has paid off. I have only gained 1lb up to this point. I haven’t bought into the idea that I’m eating for two. However, (enter high pitched, loud voice here) after saying all this, if being pregnant means I can let go, even just a little bit and eat a few things that are normally off limits to me, then damnit, I’m going to do that! That just MIGHT mean that I have an oatmeal raisin cookie every few days and holy cow (GASP!) I might even have a bowl of ice cream. Furthermore, it *might* mean that I throw caution to the wind this weekend and have at LEAST 2 PIG IN THE BLANKETS!!!! I DON’T CARE! I am allowing myself to do that, because I have at least 5 months of fatigue, aches, pains, and sleep-less nights ahead of me.. so Im going to take the liberty to a few things that are completely off limits to me normally and I feel just fine about that!!!! By the way: I wrote this entire email while I was snacking on a sugar cookie from the Nestle Tollhouse stand in the mall that I have NEVER visited before…. AND I got an oatmeal raisin cookie for later too!!! Bahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment