Thursday, October 20, 2011

Late 24w Pregnancy Update!

How Far Along? 24w4d
Size of baby:
12 inches and +1lb

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 11 1/2 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes, all maternity bottoms, mostly maternity tops but still some non-maternity shirts fit
Gender: BOY- Gavin Tyler
Movement: Feeling him every day now, all throughout the day
What I miss: Having all the energy Im used to having- I wear out a bit more quickly
Sleep: Starting to have my sleep impacted for the first time!
Symptoms: Heartburn!!!! (seems that people think he will have a lot of hair!!!)
Stretch marks: None- slathering on belly lotion daily
What I am looking forward to: First baby shower next weekend, ssssooooo excited for that
Belly button (in or out): Still halfway out
Milestones: Hitting the 24 week viability point this past Sunday and the impending 3rd trimester- now been pregnant for ½ year! WOW!

Update:

People are really starting to notice how “pregnant” I am. There is certainly no way to disguise it at this point. My drs appt a week and a half ago was really uneventful. He listened for the heartbeat and I got my glucose test scheduled for my next appt on November 8th. After that next appointment I will start going to the dr every 2 weeks. I expect it will start going fast after that. I’ve started thinking a lot about what Gavin will look like. I’ve seen some baby pictures of Jason and if Gavin looks just like Jason then he will have a dark complexion, loads of curly hair and really long eyelashes. I told Jason that when I take Gavin out people are going to think I either stole him or am  his babysitter, because we will look nothing alike with my light hair and pale skin. Jason thinks that is very funny!

 Baby Ramey’s Progress

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (
picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment