Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One Month Ago Today...

Today is one month from the day I took and received my first positive HPT! One month down, many, many more to go. It’s really quite amazing though how quickly my life has changed in that month. My diet has shifted drastically as I’ve had to say Adios to my limitless supply of Diet Cokes, Coors Light, Chardonnay, lunch meat, GOAT CHEESE, salt, did I say Coors Light already? Oh yeah, guess I did. I’ve also had to give up running and my Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred workout DVD. Anyway, now my focus is on eating well-balanced (i.e. BORING) meals, getting lots of rest and figuring out how to get in meaningful, but low impact exercise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, or at least not complaining very much! I am beyond excited and happily will make any and all lifestyle adjustments to ensure that we get a happy, healthy baby Boy here in the next 7 or so months. I can’t forget to mention that one of the biggest changes in my life is that my husband has now taken up gaming. Yes, you’ve heard it right. He sits in our game room with a headset on talking smack to 12 yr old boys and babbling about what a “bad ass” kill that was. I don’t EVEN know what that all means, I am simply repeating. You see, we used to spend a lot of time away from home when I was not with child and could partake in adult beverages but now we are home more often so it was necessary for him to find another outlet for his time. I guess talking crap to 12 yr old boys isn’t as bad as other alternatives. Hehe!

On another note, I’m headed out with a bunch of girls on Thursday night (GASP!, I know, alert the presses, Pregnant Woman is going out on a “school night”) to see the premiere of Sex In the City and although it might not be the Eclipse premiere, I am still quite excited. I actually am also a closet 80’s horror movie fanatic too so I really want to see the remake of the Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Jason doesn’t seem to be all that interested. Guess I’ll have to wait until it comes out on NetFlix.
Ok, that’s all for now! 9 more days until vacation!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YES YOU DID MENTION COORS LIGHT A COUPLE OF TIMES MISSY.. and " badass" games with boys is quite a change for Mr. Jason Ramey....Love it...
    love ALL of the post...you make me laugh...
    have fun tonight :) love ya

    ReplyDelete