Thursday, November 17, 2011

Weekend wrap up!

I’m too tired and worn out to post my pregnancy update right this minute. I’ve been sick since Monday night.. sore throat, chills, fever, etc. It has sucked but I definitely am starting to feel better. I’m hoping this is my only bout with sickness while being pregnant. It isn’t fun. It just wears you out more than normal.

We had a great weekend. We had lots of family visiting and had a very, very busy weekend. We got to all see Ally play volleyball, watched some college football, had a family dinner altogether and then the shower on Sunday. It was great. It happens too infrequently so I’m super happy when it does come together. The shower on Sunday was beautiful. My friends did a wonderful job and I was truly overwhelmed with all the effort that went into it. I got such wonderful things and it took me hours to get it all put away. I got TONS of clothes, toys, books!!!!, blankets, Cardinal gear overload (much to Jason’s great pleasure), bottles, bibs, diapers, wipes, etc. We are very blessed. I feel like it is finally starting to come together.

Thankfully I took the Monday after off to recuperate and get organized a bit. I also had some car trouble over the weekend so I was able to take care of that on Monday too. One of the last big things we had left to get was our travel system and I was able to pick that up on Monday, which was a great relief to me. I got a great BuyBuyBaby coupon in the mail that Babies ‘R Us would honor and it saved us over $70!!!! That was a great find! I have one more of those coupons too that I got because mom signed up for their mailing list and I’m holding on to it to use for our video monitor.

I have got to make a major dent in our Christmas shopping over the next  2 weeks or else Im going to get very antsy! As of today only 80 days to go! Wowzers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment