Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cravings and belly talk!

Im pretty good about any crazy cravings that I might I have. I usually am able to keep them at bay or satisfy them on my own. I’ve never ask Jason to run to the store at midnight to get a chocolate bar nor have I really ever ask him to go out unexpectedly for any food item. But last night, I had my first craving that I had to satisfy, although it was an easy and convenient request. We had gone to Saltgrass and had dinner and on the way home I decided that I needed a piece of Key Lime pie. Even though I was stuffed to the gill I had to have the piece of pie. So I told Jason that he had to stop somewhere for me to get a piece. We really got lucky and it only took one stop, the local Kroger had Key Lime pie in the bakery section. It was delicious and completely worth it, but the conversation Jason and I had later made me wish I hadn’t had that piece of pie.

This is how it went. I was lying in bed and rubbing my belly with my Burt's Bees Momma Belly Balm and he said "how big is he now" and I said "about 4 1/2 inches, the size of an apple". He followed that up with "and your belly is already that big? I can tell you're going to get really big".  Really, did he just say that??? I told him that I was showing early because I was about 22 weeks pregnant less than a year ago, my body is responding more quickly than last time, but I was still bummed. I don’t want to be comically big.

No comments:

Post a Comment